My Progress

Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Cinnamon is my kryptonite and Friday's foodlog (nom nom nom, sniffle, yuck)

Cinnamon is like poison to me.  It makes me pretty miserable if I accidentally ingest it or if I get caught by the cinnamon pine cones that are so prevalent this time of year.  I can't breath, my throat and tongue swell, I get blisters in my mouth, I get the invisible rash and my face feels like a huge balloon.  All sorts of fun things, short of anaphylaxis (thank you God!)  If you don't have a cinnamon allergy, it's probably hard to figure out why cinnamon would be so difficult to avoid.  People use it in all sorts of things that you wouldn't expect.  I have learned over time that when a package uses the term "spices" cinnamon is probably present.  I do the best I can to stay away from it and then I hope for the best.

So, I am paying for the molasses cookie that I had yesterday.  It never occurred to me that that they had cinnamon (don't ask me why I didn't guess) in them.  When I woke feeling bad today, I couldn't figure out what was wrong.  I haven't been sick but my tongue was blistered and my throat and tongue were swollen.  Lessen learned.  I shouldn't have been eating them in the first place.  Thanks for the reminder!!

On to the foodlog:

Breakfast:
  • Protein bar
Lunch:
  • Protein bar
  • Chicken Noodle soup (helps my sinuses don't ask me why)
Dinner:
  • Taco and a burrito (from Taco bell)